Dental emergencies are scheduled same day in our practice.
Please call 914-428-2052 to schedule an emergency appointment.
If you can’t get to us same day for some reason, try these solutions:
Dental Emergency #1: What To Do If You Have a Toothache
- Rinse the mouth out with warm water to clean it out.
- Gently use dental floss or an interdental cleaner to ensure that there is no food or other debris caught between the teeth.
- Never put aspirin or any other painkiller against the gums near the aching tooth because it may burn the gum tissue.
- If the pain persists, call us for an emergency dentist appointment at 914-428-2052
Dental Emergency #2: What To Do If You Have A Broken Tooth
- Rinse your mouth with warm water to clean the area around the broken tooth.
- Use cold compresses on the area to keep any swelling down.
- Do not chew on, avoid very hot food and hot drinks
- Call us immediately for an emergency appointment at 914-428-2052
Dental Emergency #3: What To Do If Objects Get Caught Between Your Teeth
- Try to gently remove the object with dental floss; avoid cutting the gums.
- Never use a sharp instrument to remove any object that is stuck between your teeth.
- If you can't dislodge the object using dental floss, contact us for an emergency dentist appointment at 914-428-2052